Re-usable face mask - Pandanus Story (Rhonda Duncan)
This variant is currently sold out
- Reusable two layered non-medical face mask
- Designed to help you reduce touching your face
- Outside layer: hand screen printed Magpie Goose offcuts featuring hand screen printed designs by Aboriginal artists (linen and cotton); Inside layer: 100% cotton drill, tightly woven but still comfortable and breathable
- Design enables an additional filter to be slid in between two fabric layers (filter not included)
- Pre cut elastic, threaded and ready for you to knot yourself for an ideal fit!
- No nose wire
- Available in Small and Large
- Cut, assembled and sewn at Second Stitch, Melbourne
- Made from Magpie Goose garment offcuts, ensuring zero waste and maximum enjoyment of beautiful textiles!
- View DHHS' information on facemasks here
- View WHO's guide on how to wear a fabric mask safely here
Read the story of the artist + print here.
Laura wears Large B+W Yuwurli print mask, and Small maroon Babatha mask for size reference. Masks fit adults. Both fit Laura - small feels more comfortable / large fits closer to the eyes.
Nose to Chin : 13cm
Side height: 8cm
Across face: 22cm
Nose to Chin : 15cm
Side height: 9.5cm
Across face: 25cm
*Please note - up to a 2cm variance might be found in the nose-chin measurement on the size large masks
Wash before first use, wash as needed
100% Cotton or Linen
Gentle Cold Machine wash
Do not bleach
Do not tumble dry
Do not dry clean
Discontinue use and discard if worn out or soiled.
Discontinue use if you experience discomfort or difficulty breathing.
Return + refund policy
Due to hygiene reasons - all masks sold are unavailable for exchange or refund.
Second Stitch is a Refugee/Asylum Seeker run textiles enterprise. In their Coburg, Melbourne studio, newly-arrived migrants, asylum seekers, and refugee women learn new skills and connect with the community. Second Stitch offers a clothing alteration service and produces a range of handmade products (including face masks - currently in hot demand!), while also running sewing + product development workshops.
Many of the women are working towards a Certificate III in Clothing and Textile Production. Through Second Stitch they also receive customer service training, build business skills and access specialised mentoring from industry professionals.
Each mask created + sold is directly providing meaningful employment opportunities for some of the most disadvantaged members of our community
Magpie Goose X Second Stitch collaboration
Magpie Goose x Second Stitch presents an accessories range using textile offcuts from Magpie Goose garment production. The collaboration enables those newly arrived to Australian shores to connect with, learn about and celebrate First Nations people and culture. These products have been made by the hands of people from countries as diverse as Somalia and Eritrea, Syria and Turkey; and the products are adorned with designs by Aboriginal people from diverse Aboriginal country across Australia - from Guugu Yimithirr and Alawa, to Winparrku and Ngurrapalangu.
Solo facemask post in Australia (fits in an envelope): $2
Standard Australia Post: AUD $8 (approx 5 business days)
Express Australia Post: AUD $11 (approx 1 - 2 business days)
Standard NZ: $13
Express NZ: $20
Standard International post: AUD $15
Express International Post: AUD $25
Free standard shipping Australia-wide for all orders over $500
All orders are packed and dispatched from country Victoria (Postcode 3685 if you would like to get an estimate from Aus Post). Orders made before 2pm will be posted that day, and after 2pm will be posted next business day.