EMPLOYMENT VACANCY – OPERATIONS MANAGER
Job Type: Permanent, 4-5 days
Reports to: Managing Director
We're looking for an Operation Manager to join our team! The role will include management of the online store, interstate Pop Ups, wholesale vendors and help set up and run our very first retail outlet mid-2023! As a small team, we work together to deliver community workshops, development of collections and participate in promotional opportunities such as fashion runways. If you are into fashion, sustainability and connecting with people - this role is for you!
Magpie Goose is passionate about Indigenous employment and highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit an application.
About Magpie Goose
Proudly Aboriginal owned and led, Magpie Goose combines fashion and social impact to create unique wearable garments designed to make a statement. We partner with Aboriginal artists and Art Centres to develop textile designs, hand screenprint the artwork onto natural fibres and make into quality everyday garments. We are proud to manufacture in Australia.
About the Role and Key Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly organised and autonomous worker. The desired applicant will have sales, fashion or retail experience. There will be interstate travel involved.
- Maintain Shopify website
- Pack and post orders and process returns
- Day-to-day administration and responding to customer emails and enquiries
- Managing stock counts across the warehouse, stockists, Pop ups and photoshoots
- Travel to various interstate locations to manage and facilitate Pop Ups
- Cash handling and POS transactions
Email email@example.com for the full Job Description.
How to Apply
Submit an application before the Closing Date: Monday 6 March 2023, 5pm.
To be considered for this position applicants are required to:
- Provide a 1 page cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role. Tell us about you (including your mob and community), and why you would love to join our team.
- Provide a current resume which outlines the requirements mentioned above and includes at least two recent referees, one of whom must be a recent /current supervisor.
Note: Applications with no cover letter outlining will be automatically ranked “not suitable”. Applications submitted after the due date and time will not be considered.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org